Tuesday, April 19

Lemon Meringue Pie..

H.
As many of you already know me and K. love cooking and baking. yesterday, before our first drivers ed. class, Kirstie persuaded her mom to make lemon meringue pies.  It started off all fun n' games, all three of us enjoying the baking.  (OK so to be honest I only cracked and separated the eggs, that's gotta count for something right?).  So anyways, were getting all of it ready, putting the lemon filling in the pie dough, topping it with meringue.  Then in the oven it went..  
It's in there for a good amount of time until the meringue turns golden...but something seems off.  We brush off the feeling and go to make a second pie.  Then just as were topping the second pie with meringue, it hits us.  WE DIDN'T COOK THE PIE CRUST!!!  For any of you who have not made lemon meringue pie, you have to cook the crust first than fill it.  Well we missed a step.  So the meringue had turned a nice golden color, but the crust was still doughy.  

(I found out K. snuck a post on here. so guess I will too, I'm very mad at her! Ok so I'm not mad at her, how could I be)    


This isn't our pies, but it is a lemon meringue pie. Enjoy!

2 comments: